The goal of our Youth Ministry at Emory United Methodist Church is simple. We want to lead the Youth of our community toward a lifelong commitment that includes Jesus Christ. We strive to offer a positive influence and create a nurturing environment that will be inviting to our youth.
Emory’s youth group offers middle- and high-school age kids a safe and welcoming place to socialize, serve, and have fun, all while growing in their relationship with God.
We typically have at least one meeting each month on either the first or third Sunday evening during the regular school year for fellowship, games, and conversation. We also schedule periodic social and service events. Our recent activities include:
- Getting lost at a flashlight corn maze
- Packing shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child
- Making blankets for sick and hurting children
- Rock & Bowl at the local lanes
- Annual nutty Christmas gift swap
- Late night lock-in, with games, movies, and snacks
- S’mores at our fire pit
- Serving pancakes at our annual Shrove Tuesday dinner
- Volunteering at a local church’s food bank
- Outdoor games day
- Hiding Easter Eggs for younger children in our annual Egg Pick-Up
- Serving as youth helpers during Vacation Bible School
- Running a spaghetti dinner to raise funds for new indoor basketball hoops in our Youth Center!
Join us! New friends are always welcome. For more information, please contact the church office: or call 410-452-5220.
Youth Group Activity: We Made Blankets
To Donate to Project Linus.