To God Be the Glory!
When you hear the month of September, what do you think of? Summer ending, school starting, football season or coming back to Church? I admit, I love summer and not fond of winter. This time of year, brings a multitude of changes for families and many of us. But one thing that does not change is our Father in Heaven.
There was a song by REO Speedwagon called “Roll with the Changes.” Yes, there are changes we all make with every passing September in our lives. But there is something going on in our culture and sadly in many of the churches around the country that God is changing and we need to change with him. In other words, we are living in a society that is saying anything goes and that includes the church.
I say no way! The bible is clear about God and his ways. Let me give you a few examples:
- “For I, the Lord, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.” Malachi 3: 6
- “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13: 8
- “But you are the same, and your years will not come to an end. Psalm 102: 27
- “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Revelation 22: 13
- “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. Isaiah 40: 8
You cannot change the truth. God’s word does not change no matter what society says and to what is being preached in some of the churches today. Church is not a smorgasbord where you get to pick and choose what parts are ok and the rest is well, not for me.
So, this is September. Change in our lives happens, but God does not change. Come back to church and hear the truth in God’s never changing Scripture. Come back and see what God is doing at Emory. We all need truth especially now!
Love you all!